Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/7/10 @ theWay

John 17:22-24 ~22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.



Luke 9:1-3 ~1
When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3He told them: "Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic.

Ephesians 6:11-14(a)~ 11
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then…

Matthew 11:11-12 ~11
I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.

Matthew 16:17-18 (New American Standard) ~ 17
And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Matthew 16:18 (English Standard Version) ~ 18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18 (New International Version) ~18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Discussion Igniters

What questions, thoughts or impressions did you get from scriptures and ideas shared?
John 17:22-24, Luke 9:1-3, Eph. 6:11-14, Matthew 11:11-12, and Matthew 16:17-18

What inspires, encourages and (or) challenges you about being used to bring God’s Kingdom?

What paradigms need to be tweaked or changed to live life like you are sent to bring His Kingdom?

What difference does it make that you are on a mission, sent to play your part in bringing God’s Kingdom here?

No comments:

Post a Comment