Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Last week at the Way

Scriptures…

John 3:16-17 ~ For God so loved the world that he gave (SENT) his one and only Son, that whoever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not SEND his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.



1 John 4 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

John 4 34"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

Luke 4:17-19 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, 19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Luke 4:42-44- 42At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. 43But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."44And he kept on preaching…
John 5:30- By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.


Discussion Igniters…

What questions, thoughts or impressions did you get from scriptures and ideas shared?

What inspires, encourages and (or) challenges you in Jesus’ life example?

What barriers do you perceive you have to overcome to live a missional life?

What would change if you lived more consistently in the reality that you are sent?

No comments:

Post a Comment