Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Be still and know

If you missed last week (or just want to refresh)- here are the verses and discussion questions we covered:



Matthew 11:28-30
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 6:33
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Mark 1:45
Instead he went out and began to talk freely, spreading the news. As a result, Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from everywhere.

Luke 5:15-16
15Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Discussion Igniters
~ What struck you from what was said or the passages that were read?

~ What are some of the obstacles in engaging God?

~ What makes engaging Jesus worth overcoming the obstacles?

~ What plans do you have to “Be still” and get alone with Jesus?

~ Pray…

No comments:

Post a Comment